Monday, July 16, 2012

Each Day

     About a year and a half ago, I moved back home with my mother. I know this sounds like I am a loser but as my mother was getting older (she is 86 now) I decided that I wanted to spend time with her and get to know her as an adult. I had missed out on knowing my father. he passed away in 1999, just before Christmas.
     Many people become too caught up in their lives to have a chance to do this, but I have always lived my life step by step, day by day because I would rather live my life to the fullest and marvel at each an every second then plan for some unknown future which doesn't even exist. I would rather starve and die when I am old, then live my life looking to the inevitability of decrepid-ness.and what I would like to do when I have to retire when I will then be too old to do it. I have never married or had children because maybe I am too selfish, or scared, or maybe I want to live my life for me and not have to compromise.
     If I become old and alone, I will have a lifetime of memories to keep me company. Its fun to live your life this way. Each day is day 1. Each day holds the possibility for a whole new life. Each day is a new path, a new potential, a new direction, a brand new adventure. The only thing that can possibly hold me back is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment